Are You Using Microsoft Office Lens?
Are you interested in having the ability to take a photo of text and then edit that text in Microsoft Word? With Microsoft Office Lens, you can easily scan documents with your phone and save them in convenient file formats in multiple storage locations.
Despite the ongoing advancement of business and consumer technology, there has always been a frustrating divide between physical and digital text.
That is, if you wanted to take what you wrote on a whiteboard, or what you have in hand on a hard copy document and put it into an editable word document, you’d have to do so the long way.
Not anymore – the Microsoft Office Lens app is a “scanner in your pocket,” giving you the ability to scan real-world text and instantly convert it to a digital, convenient counterpart. Check out our latest video to learn all about it:
Using Microsoft Office In 4 Steps
1. Take a picture of the document, whiteboard, or other content (business card, receipt, etc.) you want to digitize.
2. Trim the edges of the image to make sure the borders of the final image line up with that on the real-world counterpart.
3. Select which format you want to save it as: PDF, Word document, or PowerPoint Presentation.
4. Save it locally to your device, or directly to OneDrive or SharePoint.
When Should You Use Microsoft Office Lens?
· Editing Text: If you only have access to a hard copy document or image-based PDF, you can use Microsoft Office Lens to scan the text into an editable Microsoft Word document.
· Indexed Records: Whether it’s your receipts or your collection of business cards, you can save and search their text through Microsoft Office Lens.
· Whiteboard Content: Don’t lose all that work you and your team put on the whiteboard during your last brainstorming session – take a photo and save it through Microsoft Office Lens, where you can edit and search recognized text at a later date.
Microsoft Office Lens is yet another example of how one simple app can save you a lot of time and effort in the long run. By integrating this app into your daily document management processes both inside and outside of the office, you can streamline what were once tedious and time-consuming tasks.
Advantage Industries is a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) providing practical networking and software solutions, as well as web site and application creation services. For nearly two decades, Advantage has worked collaboratively with hundreds of clients in understanding complex business processes, identifying needs, and providing recommendations tied with sound technology solutions custom-tailored to their business.