Why Microsoft Teams Is A Secret Weapon For Businesses During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically changed how business is done in all industries; the remote workforce is now the standard.
While this new way of business poses many challenges for business teams, strategic IT solutions have been helping businesses not only survive but flourish during this crisis.
When it comes to team collaboration and business continuity, Microsoft Teams is a leader in promoting productivity and gives users the ability to adapt & collaborate more than ever before. Read on for the inside scoop on Microsoft Teams and tips for optimizing the application to keep business moving even when the world is on pause.
What Is Microsoft Teams?
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, our team of business IT experts were getting a lot of questions from customers about Microsoft Teams. There seems to be a certain degree of confusion among business professionals about what Microsoft Teams is exactly and why it’s such a beneficial technology. Some seem to think that Microsoft Teams is just a chat application, while others believe it’s simply a reinvigorated version of Skype for Business.
In practical user terms, Microsoft Teams is a powerful, one-stop application for enriched collaboration and communication. Built with modern workplaces in mind, Microsoft Teams is part of the Microsoft 365 product subscription suite. It is designed to support both small business teams and large-scale enterprise teams.
Microsoft Teams allows businesses to have private chats with colleagues, host streamlined video meetings, quickly generate group discussion, and allows for seamless real-time collaboration on important documents, spreadsheets, and projects. Microsoft Teams is ideal because it creates a virtual office for your team, which helps to eliminate many of the challenges associated with remote work setups that rely on email alone to keep business moving.
Here are just some of the top collaboration benefits that Microsoft Teams offers:
- Real-time collaboration opportunities for team members working in different places
- Built-in capability to add external partners and clients to important project discussions
- Seamless integration with other applications for streamlined connection
- Streamlined document and project communication & collaboration capabilities
- Easy-to-use chat, call, and video conferencing capabilities to improve collaborative discussion
- Elimination of back-and-forth email collaboration which can be inefficient and less secure
- High privacy and security standards to make sure business data is always protected
Tips For Making The Most Of Microsoft Teams During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Microsoft Teams is designed specifically to support any number of workforce arrangements. More specifically, the Microsoft Teams application is well-equipped to support a diverse range of remote-work setups. This is what makes Microsoft Teams such a reliable and innovative solution for navigating the operational changes prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
You might be wondering about some of the ways you can optimize Microsoft Teams to help your staff stay productive and organized while working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve put together a shortlist of tips for making the most of Microsoft Teams during these uncertain times.
Here are some tips to keep your business moving with Microsoft Teams during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Make sure all team members are set up to understand Microsoft Teams and its basic features
- Encourage team members to stay connected with you and colleagues using the chat feature
- Hold regular video meetings with your team to check-in with them and keep morale high
- Make Microsoft Teams your central hub or virtual office during the remote work period
- Get consultation on how Microsoft Teams could be optimized to support your team better
Looking For Microsoft Teams Consultation & Support?
If your business is looking for ways to optimize productivity and collaboration, Microsoft Teams is THE solution. We’ve been recommending Microsoft Teams to businesses of all shapes and sizes since long before the pandemic hit. However, now more than ever, Microsoft Teams is a secret weapon that will help revolutionize the way your organization gets work done.
If you have questions about Microsoft Teams or are looking for implementation support, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team of IT experts at Advantage Industries. We have extensive experience in deploying Microsoft Teams for businesses, and we can help you position and optimize the application to support whatever remote work arrangements you currently have in place.
Give us a call at 1-(866) 443-8238 x 2, drop us a line at email@example.com, or visit our website at www.getadvantage.com, to chat with a live agent or book a consultation. The world may be locked down, but there are plenty of opportunities for businesses to unlock productive and collaborative potential in these challenging times. We look forward to helping you get there with strategic IT solutions.