PCI Compliance: Insights and Information
Are your clients’ credit card details secure? PCI DSS compliance can help you. Discover what PCI compliance is and its benefits.
If you are reading this article, you would like to discover what PCI compliance is. Great, you are in the right place.
Organizations involved in credit card processing should be PCI compliant. Complying with these standards ensures businesses protect sensitive credit card information and avoid penalties.
What is PCI compliance? Verizon observes that 18% of organizations have no express compliance program. These entities jeopardize their clients’ credit card information.
Clients often ask Advantage Industries what it means to be PCI compliant. Advantage Industries provides IT solutions. This article will help you discover what PCI compliance is.
Watch our latest tech tip video to discover more about PCI compliance:
Why Do You Need PCI Compliance?
Credit card companies require organizations to comply with PCI standards to secure credit card transactions. Being PCI compliant entails following the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
The PCI Standards Council developed PCI DSS to secure credit card information. Complying with these regulations protects your clients’ sensitive credit card information from cybercriminals.
PCI DSS has 6 major objectives, 12 key requirements, 78 base requirements, and over 400 test procedures. Contact your IT company to delve into them.
6 Major Requirements of PCI DSS
Are there requirements to ensure PCI compliance?
Organizations can be PCI compliant if they comply with these requirements:
- Build and maintain a secure network and systems
- Protect clients’ credit card data
- Maintain a vulnerability management program
- Implement strong access control measures
- Regularly monitor and test networks
- Maintain an information security policy
What Are the Benefits of Being PCI Compliant? Why should you comply with PCI DSS?
Reasons to comply with PCI DSS include:
- Avoid Penalties: All organizations that process credit card information should be compliant, as directed by their card processing agreements. Companies that do not comply with PCI DSS risk various penalties. For example, the credit card company can cancel their support. The PCI Standards Council can also impose fines for violating card processing agreements and negligence.
- Protect Your Clients’ Credit Card Information: PCI regulations are credit card security best practices, and they protect sensitive credit card details. Organizations that do not implement them are susceptible to attacks. Cybercriminals can breach their infrastructure, steal credit card data, and use the information for fraudulent activities.
- Secure the Organization’s Networks: Cybercriminals want to access your clients’ credit card sensitive information. You are susceptible to their breaches if you do not comply with PCI DSS. These attacks can cause a lot of damage to your organization, such as data loss and damage to your reputation.
Organizations that accept credit card payments should comply with PCI DSS. Being compliant will save you from penalties, secure your networks, and safeguard your clients’ credit card details. PCI guidelines are extensive, and you may struggle to follow them.
Advantage Industries is here to help you stay compliant with PCI DSS. We are an experienced IT solutions company that you can trust. Our experts will analyze your infrastructure, identify areas of non-compliance, and guide you toward being PCI compliant.
Advantage Industries provides software development, information management, network security, and network managed services.
Contact us today, and we will help you be PCI compliant to secure your clients’ credit card information.
Ready to speak with us? Call us now at (866) 443-8238, and we will help you comply with PCI DSS.
Advantage Industries is a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) providing practical networking and software solutions, as well as web site and application creation services. For nearly two decades, Advantage has worked collaboratively with hundreds of clients in understanding complex business processes, identifying needs, and providing recommendations tied with sound technology solutions custom-tailored to their business.